** SOUTH-WEST BALOCHISTAN – SHORT SCENARIO **
South / South-West Balochistan is one of Pakistan’s most remote, most backward, most poor and most un-famous areas. People living in Pakistan’s major Urban centres like Karachi or Lahore or Islamabad hardly knows even the names of cities of Balochistan. QUETTA, being the only “known” place of Balochistan, in other parts of Pakistan. Others are Ziarat (famous for Quaid’s hostel) or Gwadar – which started to be the part of News and Geo-Strategic discussions due to CPEC – China Pakistan Economic Corridor started in Gen. Musharaf’s Era. Hence, Pakistan huge majority is either completely or partially unaware of Balochistan and Balochistan’s actual issues.
RAW BACKED TERRORISM – SEPARATIST GROUPS & RECRUITMENT SOURCES :
RAW backed terrorists organization like BLA BLF & BRA recruits 90% of it’s terrorists from 5-6 districts of Southern Balochistan… Those districts are Turbat (Kech), Panjgur, Awaran, Kharan & Washuk….. To some extend we can include districts of Chaghi & Nushki also…… But the 5 districts are hub of BLA BLF BRA insurgency…..
ROOT CAUSES :
Root cause is LOW HDI which came from poverty, lack of infrastructure, no road, no electricity, no food supplies,… Nothing – Literally nothing in the 5 districts from where BLA BRA & BLF recruits 90% of its terrorists…. No penetration of Radio Pakistan & PTV in these areas through boosters & towers….
GENERAL PERCEPTION :
Our General perception is that Balochistan is QUETTA only. While Quetta isn’t Balochistan’s only city. Nor it has sizable Baloch population. It’s a multi-ethnic city which hosts PASHTUNS as the largest ethnic group. Following long settled Afghan Hazaras, Baloch, Brahvi, Punjabi, Urdu Speaking (Muhajirs) and even Sindhis.
In order to go for Baloch populated areas, we need to understand the socio-political, cultural and security dynamics of Southern Balochistan or South-Western Balochistan, which is MAKRAN DIVISION & RAKSHAN DIVISION and some how KALLAT DIVISON which is Brahvi concentrated area (except Awaran District which has Baloch ethnic population).
So Therefore, if any Government (either Federal or Provincial) wants to deal with “Baloch people”, they have to concentrate on Southern Balochistan / South-Western Balochistan, mainly MAKRAN DIVISION & RAKSHAN DIVISION. As per Research, these 2 Divisions forms 1 quarter (1/4) of Pakistan’s total land and half (means 50%) of Balochistan’s total land area. With the population of only 2.3 Million (approx)…. As per official census took place in 2017, this 2.3 Million population is only 1% of Pakistan’s total population and 18% of Balochistan’s overall population.
So, to secure our 40% land area or to deny the RAW-sponsored separatist movement, can’t we (state of Pakistan) bear 1% of our total population at Government’s cost ? I think we (Riyasat-e-Pakistan) can. Here are the few suggested solutions as per our reasearch.
ENDLESS – Because one can’t understand that From where to start and where to end. It’s a huge list of what should be done in these districts. To get maximum results, projects should be done via Armed Forces or through reputed NGOs, otherwise if such things will be done through the institutions of Provincial Government or local Sardars or even MPAs, MNAs, every thing will be wasted and nothing will be done. As we know what exactly happened with such TARAQQIYATI PACKAGE FOR BALOCHISTAN in the past. Federal Government has to stop relying on local Sardars and MPAs and should work there directly via FC and reputed NGOs.
** Health (to be run by well reputed NGO or FC or Federal Health Ministry) :
- Upgradation & Renovation of all current Government DHQ & THQ Hospitals.
- 500 Bed Civil Hospital in Turbat City.
- 200 Bed DHQ Hospital in Panjgur, Washuk, Kharan & Awaran.
- 100 Bed Hospital in each Tehsil.
** Sports & Recreation (to be maintained by any Sports NGO or Federal Government) :
- State of Art Sports Complex in Turbat City.
- Local Sports Complexes in each District – Panjgur, Washuk, Kharan & Awaran,
- Public Parks & Recreational Clubs.
** Education (to be run by any well reputed NGO or FC) :
- Activation, Upgradation & Renovation of all current Government Schools & Colleges.
- At least 2 Boys & 2 Girls Degree Colleges in Turbat City.
- At least 1 Boys & 1 Girls Degree College in Panjgur, Washuk, Kharan & Awaran.
- At least 4 NAVTTC Vocational Training Centres in Turbat City.
- At least 2 NAVTTC Vocational Training Centres in DHQ Panjgur, Washuk, Kharan & Awaran.
** Power & Electricity :
- Setting up an Electricity Company for Turbat & Panjgur as TESCO – Turbat Electricity Supply Company.
- Free Supply of Solar Panels to the locals so that they can run their own Electricity.
- Free or Subsidized Electricity for Turbat, Panjgur, Washuk, Kharan and Awaran.
** Employment :
- Free Electricity for all Industries which setup till certain time (for example till 2023).
- Zero Tax Policy For all Industries which will setup till certain time (for example till 2023).
- Legalizing cross border trade with Iran (except few banned items) from all at least 4 border crossings.
- Quota of 3% in CSS, FPSC & Federal Government Jobs.
- Quota of 3% in HEC Foreign Scholarships.
- Quota of 3% in HEC National Scholarships.
- Quota of 3% in all Public Universities in Sindh & Punjab.
** Border Crossings with Iran :
Local population of 6 districts bordering Iran, relies heavily on cross-border trade with Iran. If we give them easy access of cross-border trade, their business will flourish and more employment can be generated. Turbat, Panjgur, Washuk, Kharan and Chaghi.
- Setting up 4-LANE VIP Highway from Turbat to Iranian border – which goes up to Pishin Iran.
- Setting up 4-LANE VIP Highway from Panjgur to Iranian border – which goes upto Iranshahr.
- Setting up 4-LANE VIP Highway from Gwadar to Iranian border – which goes upto Chabahar.
** Highways Upgradation :
- M-8 (Hoshab) to Panjgur (development under process).
- Panjgur to Washuk.. (path not exist)
- Washuk to Kharan.. (path not exist)..
- Kharan to N-40 Nushki.. (path already exist, needs to be made properly)
- Kharan to N-40 Yakmach.. (development in process)..
Prominent Government Ministries, Organizations and Institutions needs to be involved are as under :
- FC Balochistan – South.
- Ministry of Health, Provincial Government.
- Ministry of Health, Federal Government.
- Ministry of Education, Provincial Government.
- Ministry of Education, Federal Government.
- NAVTTC – National Vocational Technical Training Commission.
- HEC – Higher Education Commission.
- FWO – Frontier Works Organization.
- NHA – National Highway Authority.
- WAPDA – Water and Power Development Authority.
- NEPRA – National Electricity and Power Regulatory Authority.
- PSB – Pakistan Sports Board.
- Commissioner Makran Division.
- Commissioner Rakshan Division.
- Deputy Commissioners of 8 Districts – Gwadar, Kech (Turbat), Panjgur, Washuk, Kharan Awaran, Chaghi and Nushki.